The best scam I've seen this week

>> Tuesday, July 01, 2008

This is dumb. And yet wickedly awesome at the same time!
The spam messages warn the recipient that they have been targeted for death - but will be spared if they pay up.

A typical message reads: “Someone paid me to kill you. If you want me to spare
you, I’ll give you two days to pay $5000. If you inform the police or anybody,
you will die, I am monitoring you.”
The amount is small enough that, if, for example, I wanted to have a certain crackhead pimp relative of mine killed, I could cough up, say $4,000 – after all, we have to assume that our fake hitman is coming back to the mark and getting them to pay him more not to off them, hence the $5,000 no-kill fee – even in these times of high interest rates and petrol prices. If an average person wants someone dead badly enough, they could totally pay that.

Nice! I totally went “pfffft – dumbasses” at first, but the more I think about it? If you’re a paranoid enough person, that kind of ruse would totally work.

Kudos!*


*This blog does not support assassination or mobile phone scams.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP